Name:
Location: Arizona, United States

Welcome to my site. I will be Chronicling the construction of our new home. Here is a brief history of my experiance in this area. I moved every few years as a child. As an adult I stayed in one house for 25 years, but helped remodel it four times. From a minor bath redo to adding an entire second story to the house. Now my husband and I have moved to AZ to care for my elderly parents and are undertaking to be the owner/builders of a custom home. Some people don't like change but I guess I'm not one of them. Or perhaps it is just limited change I like. To my husband's current dismay I helped build a 4000 square foot house in Romania in 2001. We took it from slab to fully furnished in 11 days. I therefore have meager patience for the pace of building here in Arizona.

Friday, February 26, 2010

The Day Before

Well the motel here is full tonight and our whole corridor is full of Laytons, Cozadds, and our friends. Therefore the Internet is really slow so I am not sure I will be able to upload photos tonight. But before I try I will tell you about some of the events of today. First we awoke to an inch of fresh snow on the ground. Gorgeous!
We had breakfast with my brother, Bill, and Dave's brother, Calvin and his wife, Lynn. Then the guys took us women across town to where Courtney and a bunch of her friends and her mom were meeting to get our nails done. Both Lynn and I had our first "professional" manicures and we separately picked almost the same color polish.
Then we stopped by to help Jon by proofreading the programs for tomorrow's ceremony. He was a bit frazzled as Courtney had left him alone to finish that job. She had ordered a bunch of loose sunflowers from Costco and they are sitting in vases on her counter top. Someone will be making them into table decorations for the reception.
Then we picked up Nick at the motel and headed for lunch. By the time we got back from that Anna and Adam had arrived. Molly had tried to get in early but got wait listed out of Denver so she will be in late tonight.
The young people headed over to see Jon and Courtney. But soon it was time for most of us to head for the church and the rehearsal. It took a while to get organized but we were entertained by Courtney's 1 1/2 year old nephew, who is fascinated with steps and who just kept going up and down them throughout the rehearsal . After that was over we headed to dinner. Jon had said on the street parking would be free, but when we pulled up (and we were the first to arrive) there was nothing close by (it was Friday night after all) so we pulled into a pay lot.
The rehearsal dinner turned out wonderful. The food was very good, there was plenty of it, Dave MC'd a nice program afterwards, both fathers prayed over the couple, both moms spoke, and them several of their friends got up and told how great they thought Jon or Courtney are and how lucky the other is to be marrying them. We brought the table decorations home from that and put them in our mini-refrigerators in several of the motel rooms. Tomorrow someone will take them to the reception site to add to the decorations there. So it has pretty much all come together and tomorrow morning Jonathan and Courtney will get married!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home