Name:
Location: Arizona, United States

Welcome to my site. I will be Chronicling the construction of our new home. Here is a brief history of my experiance in this area. I moved every few years as a child. As an adult I stayed in one house for 25 years, but helped remodel it four times. From a minor bath redo to adding an entire second story to the house. Now my husband and I have moved to AZ to care for my elderly parents and are undertaking to be the owner/builders of a custom home. Some people don't like change but I guess I'm not one of them. Or perhaps it is just limited change I like. To my husband's current dismay I helped build a 4000 square foot house in Romania in 2001. We took it from slab to fully furnished in 11 days. I therefore have meager patience for the pace of building here in Arizona.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Three days before the wedding

Below are some pictures from Wednesday. We spent several hours helping Jon pack for the honeymoon and then pack up the rest to move to their future home. In the one picture you see us packing. The only problem is Courtney already lives there and she is storing all the decorations for the reception, so finding room was a challenge. In the picture with Dave on the couch you can see the decorations, as well as a few of Jon's boxes.
After that Jon and Courtney met with their friend David, who will be marrying them, to discuss the final details of the ceremony. Then a quick stop at the church to see where people will stand and also where the girls will dress. Then more errands to run.
Finally, Courtney's parents came into town and we all went out to dinner. The two sets of parents had only met once before so this was a great chance to get acquainted as well as tell stories on the kids (aka the happy couple). Then the parents got to go home but Jon and Courtney still had lists to make and check and recheck.
Tomorrow more out of town guests will be arriving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home