Name:
Location: Arizona, United States

Welcome to my site. I will be Chronicling the construction of our new home. Here is a brief history of my experiance in this area. I moved every few years as a child. As an adult I stayed in one house for 25 years, but helped remodel it four times. From a minor bath redo to adding an entire second story to the house. Now my husband and I have moved to AZ to care for my elderly parents and are undertaking to be the owner/builders of a custom home. Some people don't like change but I guess I'm not one of them. Or perhaps it is just limited change I like. To my husband's current dismay I helped build a 4000 square foot house in Romania in 2001. We took it from slab to fully furnished in 11 days. I therefore have meager patience for the pace of building here in Arizona.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Starting to snow!

Today the sky is gray and just after breakfast we noticed it was starting to snow. Actually it is only just "spitting" right now but for those of us who rarely get to see it snow this qualifies as "snow". It is supposed to be snowing all day--we are hoping it will stay light. A number of the guests and people in the wedding fly in today and the bachelor party is being held in Denver tonight so the guys will be doing alot of driving back and forth late this afternoon and then late tonight.

I must say both Jon and Courtney seem really calm to me. Also they are being very laid back about everything and not fretting over details (or so it appears) so that helps. Jon did tell us though, that he has the marriage license and the rings and should a blizzard blow into town he will just walk over to Courtney's, they will sign the license and be married(self witnessing is allowed in CO I've been told). So they are calm but very ready and determined to finish all this planning and be married!!

I took my dress to a local dry cleaners to be pressed yesterday. I will pick it up in another hour before it really gets snowing I hope. I will be relieved to see that it is okay and have it in my possession again. Certainly don't want to have to go dress shopping at this late date!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home