Name:
Location: Arizona, United States

Welcome to my site. I will be Chronicling the construction of our new home. Here is a brief history of my experiance in this area. I moved every few years as a child. As an adult I stayed in one house for 25 years, but helped remodel it four times. From a minor bath redo to adding an entire second story to the house. Now my husband and I have moved to AZ to care for my elderly parents and are undertaking to be the owner/builders of a custom home. Some people don't like change but I guess I'm not one of them. Or perhaps it is just limited change I like. To my husband's current dismay I helped build a 4000 square foot house in Romania in 2001. We took it from slab to fully furnished in 11 days. I therefore have meager patience for the pace of building here in Arizona.

Monday, August 08, 2005

Response To Son

My son commented that our windows don't look very big. I realized that there really isn't anything in the photos to help you judge size. So here are a few window dimensions: the large picture window on right end of house is 6 feet by 6 feet, the window on the left end of house is 6 feet wide by 5 feet high. If you look at the shot of the dried in roof you can see another window around the corner, it too is 6 by 5. There is a picture taken at an angle from the right side of the house which shows a large door frame and 2 large windows next to each other. They are both about 4 feet wide by 6 feet high. We spent the day being laborers--I wrapped insulation around the hot water pipes all day and only got half way done. My husband dug trenches to drain off some standing water left from last night's storm and put caulking all around the foundation. Well, have fun figuring out which pictures show which windows. Oh yes, the 6 x 6 window is in the great room, the 2 6 x 5 windows are the library.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey could you put up a picture pointing at that front porch area. is there a wood door there or a glass one?

8:44 AM  
Blogger AZ gal said...

FYI if you double click on a picture you will get an enlarged view. We took some interior shots today, to be posted a bit later, but not the view you are requesting. Back on the July 20th post there is a picture which shows that area. Perhaps enlarged it will satisfy you. We'll try for another shot of front porch tomorrow. There will be a double French door set-single lite style.

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home