Name:
Location: Arizona, United States

Welcome to my site. I will be Chronicling the construction of our new home. Here is a brief history of my experiance in this area. I moved every few years as a child. As an adult I stayed in one house for 25 years, but helped remodel it four times. From a minor bath redo to adding an entire second story to the house. Now my husband and I have moved to AZ to care for my elderly parents and are undertaking to be the owner/builders of a custom home. Some people don't like change but I guess I'm not one of them. Or perhaps it is just limited change I like. To my husband's current dismay I helped build a 4000 square foot house in Romania in 2001. We took it from slab to fully furnished in 11 days. I therefore have meager patience for the pace of building here in Arizona.

Saturday, August 06, 2005

A Week Full of Progress

This has been a full and busy week. Monday we got the roof dried in. Thursday the fireplace arrived and was installed in its surround. Friday the windows were installed. We are waiting for one which is backordered. Having them in has sure cut the breezes through the house but on the other hand now the views are really framed in. The Hvac and plumbing intermediate installations are done. Hopefully, the electrician will begin the electrical installation on Monday. We had a lighting walk through to check if there were any lights to be changed or added. Of course, there were a few changes! We have been getting bids for tile installation and painting. Our exterior doors should arrive soon and they will have to be stained within a couple of days so we HAVE to get that person lined up now. Our erosion control efforts seem to be working okay, but the rain has brought the Bermuda grass to life again so I was out spraying Round-up today. This next week should be quieter at the house. We will continue to try to make all the little decisions which have to be done, i.e. what knobs for the kitchen cabinets, what about the bathrooms, which tiles for which rooms, and a design to make it look great!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home