Name:
Location: Arizona, United States

Welcome to my site. I will be Chronicling the construction of our new home. Here is a brief history of my experiance in this area. I moved every few years as a child. As an adult I stayed in one house for 25 years, but helped remodel it four times. From a minor bath redo to adding an entire second story to the house. Now my husband and I have moved to AZ to care for my elderly parents and are undertaking to be the owner/builders of a custom home. Some people don't like change but I guess I'm not one of them. Or perhaps it is just limited change I like. To my husband's current dismay I helped build a 4000 square foot house in Romania in 2001. We took it from slab to fully furnished in 11 days. I therefore have meager patience for the pace of building here in Arizona.

Friday, September 30, 2005

Another Week

Welcome to any new viewers from California. Jon tells me he has been giving out my blog address as he visits friends there. This has been a week with lots of work happening but not much to see. The tape and texture crew has been there for a whole week and boy do they work hard. Lots of the subs pack up at 2pm and go home but this crew worked until 4 or later. They have finished for now. Unfortunately, since our doors are late they will have to come back and do the areas around each door when they arrive, and again it will be a 5 day job. Drying is needed between different coats I gather. The good news is all the doors are expected by mid-week next week. We had heard one was going to be several weeks behind the others, but they all took so long it caught up! So the texture crew only needs to come back once. Our glass block shower wall is being laid today so I hope to have something new for you all to look at shortly. It is going to get really busy in a couple of weeks, when all the orders we are placing now start coming in so keep checking back!! My husband assures me this house will get done!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home