Name:
Location: Arizona, United States

Welcome to my site. I will be Chronicling the construction of our new home. Here is a brief history of my experiance in this area. I moved every few years as a child. As an adult I stayed in one house for 25 years, but helped remodel it four times. From a minor bath redo to adding an entire second story to the house. Now my husband and I have moved to AZ to care for my elderly parents and are undertaking to be the owner/builders of a custom home. Some people don't like change but I guess I'm not one of them. Or perhaps it is just limited change I like. To my husband's current dismay I helped build a 4000 square foot house in Romania in 2001. We took it from slab to fully furnished in 11 days. I therefore have meager patience for the pace of building here in Arizona.

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Crane Day

Saturday was "Crane Day" at the site. At 6:30 am the cane arrived and the operator decide the trash bin was in his way. So, with his crane, he picked it up and moved it over. I missed the great photo when he had it 6 feet in the air. Once that was done he used the crane to place several stacks of roofing OSB on top of the walls. Then he set 3 large beams in place. The framers had nailed several feet of wall framing to the top of the beams so that they were actually setting whole sections of wall in place. Last of all the crane placed the special trusses on top of the great room and the carpenters nailed them in place. The crane sure saved alot of labor, and even provided some humor when it got stuck in the back yard for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home