Name:
Location: Arizona, United States

Welcome to my site. I will be Chronicling the construction of our new home. Here is a brief history of my experiance in this area. I moved every few years as a child. As an adult I stayed in one house for 25 years, but helped remodel it four times. From a minor bath redo to adding an entire second story to the house. Now my husband and I have moved to AZ to care for my elderly parents and are undertaking to be the owner/builders of a custom home. Some people don't like change but I guess I'm not one of them. Or perhaps it is just limited change I like. To my husband's current dismay I helped build a 4000 square foot house in Romania in 2001. We took it from slab to fully furnished in 11 days. I therefore have meager patience for the pace of building here in Arizona.

Monday, June 27, 2005

A Long Day and Alot Happening

Our contractor,(my husband the owner/builder), was up at 4:30am and out at the site by 5:15. He had discovered some discrepancies in the plans and wanted to discuss it with the framers before they started hanging I-beams. Problem discussed and solved. Then he was waiting for the concrete sub to come and do the prep work for our 2 patios and the entryway, which we hope will be poured on Wednesday. Prices on concrete have risen and our guaranteed bid runs out the 30th. We couldn't do them at the same time as the pad because of the post tension cables. The guys got the forms all set up and later in the day filled them with 'AB', a gravel mix which undergrids the concrete. Our excavator came and refilled the trench and moved some of the dirt away from the mesquites. Our landscape designer insists we get the dirt as close to original levels and start watering the trees. I sure hope the monsoons start soon. Meanwhile the framing continued. We have I-beams in the garage(the beginnings of a roof), and all the exterior walls are up. None of the roof lines seem to match yet so it is rather a strange looking house. Tomorrow is another day and 4:30 comes quickly so enough for now....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home