Name:
Location: Arizona, United States

Welcome to my site. I will be Chronicling the construction of our new home. Here is a brief history of my experiance in this area. I moved every few years as a child. As an adult I stayed in one house for 25 years, but helped remodel it four times. From a minor bath redo to adding an entire second story to the house. Now my husband and I have moved to AZ to care for my elderly parents and are undertaking to be the owner/builders of a custom home. Some people don't like change but I guess I'm not one of them. Or perhaps it is just limited change I like. To my husband's current dismay I helped build a 4000 square foot house in Romania in 2001. We took it from slab to fully furnished in 11 days. I therefore have meager patience for the pace of building here in Arizona.

Monday, January 22, 2007

A Winter Wonderland In the Desert









As you may have heard on the news we had snow in Tucson last night and this morning. Around 5 pm we were having a nice rain and then at 6 pm it turned to snow. About 8:30 we decided we had better get home before the temperature dropped anymore and the roads started freezing. We discovered our car covered in a heavy, wet snow and as we drove we saw all the trees and cacti coated in snow. At bedtime it looked like it was starting to melt so I was delighted and somewhat surprised to see the winter wonderland outside my windows this morning. By afternoon it had all disappeared except on the mountains, although the weatherman says we could get another round. Of course, this was the day they had rescheduled our house painting to take place. That is twice that we've had snow when we were to paint. Should we keep trying to paint?? Can the desert take more snow?? Not only did we not get the house painted but most of the schools in the area were closed. All the bridges and overpasses were closed over night and until mid-morning. They usually spray them with a chemical which keeps ice from forming but due to the rain they had not been able to do that so there was lots of ice.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

it's beautiful!

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home