Name:
Location: Arizona, United States

Welcome to my site. I will be Chronicling the construction of our new home. Here is a brief history of my experiance in this area. I moved every few years as a child. As an adult I stayed in one house for 25 years, but helped remodel it four times. From a minor bath redo to adding an entire second story to the house. Now my husband and I have moved to AZ to care for my elderly parents and are undertaking to be the owner/builders of a custom home. Some people don't like change but I guess I'm not one of them. Or perhaps it is just limited change I like. To my husband's current dismay I helped build a 4000 square foot house in Romania in 2001. We took it from slab to fully furnished in 11 days. I therefore have meager patience for the pace of building here in Arizona.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Vacation is Over

We had a nice visit with our son in Florida and with our daughter in Georgia. Then we packed up all her belongings and drove back here. Essentially 8 days on the road of a 15 day trip. We will be content to stay put for a while! A few photos from our trip are below.
Now it is back to finishing the landscaping!! While we were gone one more house has gone up. The framing on the other appears about finished and the third house looks ready for its exterior paint. Another lot (#9) has gone on the market. We are sure glad we built when we did. With the prices they are asking for these lots now, the houses built on them will have to be million dollar homes.

1 Comments:

Blogger nursekiwi said...

It's pretty scary when you can leave home for 2 weeks and come back to find the neighborhood growing up around you! Glad you had a good time!

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home