Name:
Location: Arizona, United States

Welcome to my site. I will be Chronicling the construction of our new home. Here is a brief history of my experiance in this area. I moved every few years as a child. As an adult I stayed in one house for 25 years, but helped remodel it four times. From a minor bath redo to adding an entire second story to the house. Now my husband and I have moved to AZ to care for my elderly parents and are undertaking to be the owner/builders of a custom home. Some people don't like change but I guess I'm not one of them. Or perhaps it is just limited change I like. To my husband's current dismay I helped build a 4000 square foot house in Romania in 2001. We took it from slab to fully furnished in 11 days. I therefore have meager patience for the pace of building here in Arizona.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

More Houses Coming

On Monday afternoon we noticed a spray truck up the hill at one of our neighbor's lots. This is a sure sign they are about to pour the foundation. Sure enough, at 4:30 AM the next morning we heard the first cement mixer coming up the hill. The pumper truck didn't arrive for another half hour. By the time the first truck began unloading its cement there were 5 more lined up waiting. Yesterday even more trucks arrived at that lot. We still don't know what they poured that time. Then at dinnertime last night we saw the spray truck up at another lot and this morning at 5:09AM we heard the pumper truck arriving. So a new race is on to see which house will be completed first. They poured about 6 weeks earlier than we did last year so they both ought to finish before Christmas of '06. Another neighbor is in plan check, though they seem to have had alot of problems with the permitting process. But hopefully they will be ready to start soon.

We, meanwhile, are waiting for our workers to finish the Allen block walls. Today we painted the front(south) patio wall, inside and out. Tomorrow we will begin work on the back walls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home