Name:
Location: Arizona, United States

Welcome to my site. I will be Chronicling the construction of our new home. Here is a brief history of my experiance in this area. I moved every few years as a child. As an adult I stayed in one house for 25 years, but helped remodel it four times. From a minor bath redo to adding an entire second story to the house. Now my husband and I have moved to AZ to care for my elderly parents and are undertaking to be the owner/builders of a custom home. Some people don't like change but I guess I'm not one of them. Or perhaps it is just limited change I like. To my husband's current dismay I helped build a 4000 square foot house in Romania in 2001. We took it from slab to fully furnished in 11 days. I therefore have meager patience for the pace of building here in Arizona.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

The End

We waited all day in great expectation...not for Santa but for an inspector. Then as we were about to give up she arrived. It was 4 pm and her day was almost over so she whipped through our house like a whirlwind and to our great relief she found nothing wrong. So we have passed our final inspection(s) and are free to begin moving in. That is certainly not to say we are done--the driveway should be poured next week. We have a mailbox pillar to build, the entryway to complete, half a slope to finish rip rapping, another slope to finish shoveling small stone on, windows to wash, still more grout to seal, and within the next 6 months landscaping to complete. BUT we are the proud owners, builders, and soon to be residents of 5468 N. Sabino Highlands Place, Tucson, AZ 85749. As soon as our mailbox is up we can receive mail and though we have a full house for the holidays we will be delighted to have visitors in the near future. Pictures will continue (the title is a bit misleading), comments are always welcome. I will add a comment that the people who have been in the house the last few days have been very complimentary about the house and the colors. It isn't quite as extreme as these photos indicate.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

YAY we can actually stay there for the holidays!!! To be honest I didnt think you'd have it done in time. Im really excited to see it in little over a week!!!

6:11 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

I have to admit I was getting a little worried about it too, especially when I hadn't heard from you guys in a while! CONGRATULATIONS!

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home