Name:
Location: Arizona, United States

Welcome to my site. I will be Chronicling the construction of our new home. Here is a brief history of my experiance in this area. I moved every few years as a child. As an adult I stayed in one house for 25 years, but helped remodel it four times. From a minor bath redo to adding an entire second story to the house. Now my husband and I have moved to AZ to care for my elderly parents and are undertaking to be the owner/builders of a custom home. Some people don't like change but I guess I'm not one of them. Or perhaps it is just limited change I like. To my husband's current dismay I helped build a 4000 square foot house in Romania in 2001. We took it from slab to fully furnished in 11 days. I therefore have meager patience for the pace of building here in Arizona.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

No Photos But Lots of Progress

To my dismay we forgot the camera again!! Our house painting which was scheduled to take 2 days only took one! They will need to do some touch up but we have a painted house. The rock veneer is done on the chimney and started on the column out front. All the countertops are in, two sinks and two toilets are functional. I forgot to check the shower. The tilers are almost done--I think they just have to grout around the fireplace and maybe some cleanup. The driveway is scheduled for Dec. 12, though that may be the day they form it up rather than the day they pour it. We just hope the inspector we get will allow us to move in before we pour the drive. The interior should be finished enough for the final inspection by late on Monday but there is still alot to finish outside. We still have half the north slope to rip rap; the south slope needs more dirt and then to have it compacted. Then we will have to put some type of rock on it too. And there is a slope out back that may require some work. In this county we have to have an accessible entrance with no change of level. Ours is from the driveway, through the front door, and into the house. We are going to use brick pavers for the entryway. So we have to slope then from front door to the level we think the drive will end up at. And hope this will not be an issue for the inspector! We will try dagain tomorrow for photos but perhaps no commentary--too much work to do!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home